Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hey yall, I need some help with a Philco Cabinet that my friend just bought

Hi guys! new here

So my good friend just bought a Philco cabinet off of FB marketplace for $500 and the guy she bought it from said everything was in full working order. When she got it home, she noticed that the radio and speakers worked but that the record player didn't. (The main reason she bought it was to have a record player). It didn't even have a needle with it so she ordered one and installed it. She said you hear it play through the needle but there's no output through the speakers whatsoever. He also said it was from the 50s but I believe it's a 1966 model if what I read about the model # beginning with P was correct. But at this point, we both do not know what the problem could be and I seek yalls help in trying to solve the issue

I attached the pictures she sent me of the cabinet and the model number from the back. I really just want to make sure she wasn't scammed because the guy who sold it to her is being combatant in his messages after she mentioned the record player wasn't working and didn't even come with a needle 

Thank yall!

Attached Files Image(s)