Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco All-Pupose Set Tester

Thanks, Radioroslyn.  After further reading and remembering what I had read years ago, I think this issue is no big deal at the moment. In the range of the voltages I'm measuring at present (250+ VDC), I don't think it really matters what the ohms/volts is.  I would be willing surprised if the Philco model 048 tester that Philco Model 84 "specifies" was a VTVM, but I guess it's possible.  In any case, even if it was 1000 ohms/volt, the difference would be small enough that I can ignore it.  I seem to collect test equipment, and have about 10 meters of various types, from the new variety Fluke, back to some neat ones around the late 1930's or so.  Unfortunately, none are 1000 ohms per volt.  A bigger problem in my recently refurbed Model 84 is some DC voltages that are 260VDC when they are supposed to be 225VDC, according to Philco data.  The radio works fine, very nice reception for a 4 tuber, after I re-wound the antenna coil! But I'm afraid of the lifetime of tubes with screens 30VDC over the tube spec.  I'm starting to suspect the previously replaced transformer...  Sorry to hijack the thread!   
Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
Philco All-Pupose Set Tester - by klemer - 11-24-2022, 02:37 PM
RE: Philco All-Pupose Set Tester - by Radioroslyn - 11-25-2022, 10:04 AM
RE: Philco All-Pupose Set Tester - by klemer - 11-25-2022, 09:35 PM