Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1950 Emerson TV resurrection attempt

Here it is, a 1950 Emerson 7" TV model 639 resurrection/restoration attempt. It was an eBay find, not cheap but I thought very unique. I hope I can get this finished before I "retire" Icon_lol 
It looks to be in very good condition visually and has almost all original tubes. It is series strung using mostly a mix of octals and 7 pin tubes. It uses a 7JP4 picture tube which is electrostatic deflection. It looks largley unmolested, and seeing almost all original tubes, may be a low hour set. It could also have failed the picture tube or something that put it out of service. I need to test the big tube and hope it isn't shorted or has an open cathode or heater. It's full of leaky paper caps and some bumble bees but isn't a recappers dream. It kinds resembles a large radio with a picture tube. I kinda liked it because it is a little different than what I have seen around. So far I have found an open fuse/resistor off the selenium rectifier. I bypassed and am beginning a slow power up using a dim bulb to see of the caps will reform or anything shorts. Here a few pics of the project so far:

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
1950 Emerson TV resurrection attempt - by TV MAN - 03-26-2023, 08:47 PM