Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power cable, speaker cable for 1937 Philco F-1442 auto radio

Hi guys:
I have a Philco F-1442 car radio and I have powered it up on the garage bench using a 6V car battery and power/ground cables I made from modern wiring. The radio works fine. The power cables, which appears OEM Philco, is falling apart and that is why I did not use it on the bench test. Does anyone know where I can get the OEM style wires and terminal lug to make new power wires? One wire is a single conductor with a fabric color coded jacket and has a ring lug where it attaches to the car power. This wire is then soldered to a lug on the radio control head. The second wire is soldered to another lug and goes from the radio control head to the receiver. There is a metal in-line fuse holder (I have located a new replacement) in the middle of this power wire. The wire section that goes between the fuse holder and the receiver is shielded with a metal overbraid and a light brown colored fabric with a tracer...but the single conductor wire under the shield still looks like the other wire I have described. This shielded piece of wire is strain relieved to the receiver chassis with a wire clamp. I am not sure of the gauge of the wires but it is probably in the range of 12 or 14 AWG. 

My speaker wire is in not so bad shape but I want to try and get spare wire to replace it in the near future...it is a 3 conductor cable and each wire is fabric covered and color coded. There is a shield over the wire, and then the shield is covered with a fabric jacket that is light brown.

If anyone can tell me where I can find these wires and hardware, I can solder it all together to make OEM looking harnesses...or I would be willing to buy the finished cables if there is a supplier anyone knows of.

Messages In This Thread