Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-610 Thump*No 7 Volts to pilot lamp

Mr Fixr,

I have replaced resistors #22,23 and 47                                                                                              All voltages are with in 20% except 6K7 plate voltage is 63v not 175v
With power off 0 ohms between pin 5 and ground.
No stations when touching grid cap of 6A8. When testing with another radio I did not get any squealing. When moving the radio outside I did get 3 stations fainty with a .1 cap on screw #1 of the antenna with screws 2 and 3 jumped and me touching the cap. No stations when using wire for a antenna.
2 things did happen while trying to get it to play. playing with grid cap of 6K7 I got some motor boating also when wiggling the center chassis I could get the motor boating to come and go. Do I need to replace the grommet's on the center chassis?
The antenna lead going to the band switch needs to be resoldered, the radio shows its not a good connection when wiggling the wire. Looks very hard to get at the soldering point of the band switch.

Ralph

Messages In This Thread
462ron - by 462ron - 04-05-2024, 07:03 AM
RE: Philco 37-610 Thump*No 7 Volts to pilot lamp - by Ralph - 04-07-2024, 09:20 AM