Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television

Hey gang,

I discovered an excellent Philco TV at a flea market and after being told it worked I bought it for $10. It DOES work just not all that well. I'm able to pick up one of the channels that's still broadcasting analog here in LA but the Horizontal Blanking is off (?) and the dials on the back aren't adjusting it properly. The casing is discolored so I removed it and painted it a brilliant white. After looking at the mechanics inside I'm finding myself a bit intimidated. I'm not exactly an amateur but I've never worked on a solid state tube TV. I looked for the TV Servicing Guide by Deane and Young mentioned in this forum but I've not been able to find one. I also don't have any documentation for the TV but I assume that's par for the course when it comes to this hobby. Any advice or guidance from a veteran on where to get started would be greatly appreciated. The other option is to remove the tube and replace it with a small LCD TV but I'll resort to that after I break the Philco while trying to fix it ;)

Thank you for your time and advice!

Hypnosavant

Messages In This Thread
Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 07-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-07-2010, 05:26 PM