Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

newbee needs directions

Thanks to all who replied to my post
I can see that I am in for some new experiences in the world of antique radios and am going to need all the help you can give.
The bad news is that my wife on going to pick the radio up plugged it in and turned it on, so whats done is done.I gingerly cleaned the inner works with some soft air to remove dust and cobwebs checked the tubes they all lite up managed to get a couple of stations but now nothing? Just that horrid about to land on mars sound.

So now for page 2. Low and behold my wife says to me look what else I found in the basement as near as i can figure its a Philco 37-630x and imprinted on the works inside, are these numbers H47496, that's all the identification numbers I can find. Again I gingerly cleaned the works first and opps.. not knowing about the warnings, plugged it in with much greater success problem being volume control.

I got the wife to take a couple of pix, hope they show good enough! If you want side views, let me know or any other shots.
Thanks Cyril Icon_confused

P.S. If these things had carburetors and pistons I'd be on the race track now.. so if I can pay back your help that way, let me know Icon_lol

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Messages In This Thread
newbee needs directions - by Guest - 09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Re: newbee needs directions - by denver - 09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Re: newbee needs directions - by Ron Ramirez - 09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Re: newbee needs directions - by 7estatdef - 09-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Re: newbee returns - by Guest - 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM