Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for model/year for Philco Canada lowboy....

I just bought a Philco Canada radio/record Player yesterday. I've spent a couple of hours online trying to figure out the model and year, but it seems Canadian information is limited, and I would appreciate any help! It looks similar to a couple of US models on your site but not exactly the same, at least on the years I've seen. I stopped looking at the US models after I read that the Canadian models are different anyway. The back panel doesn't have the model number, just the serial number, which I understand is no help. So I unscrewed the back and took pictures of the various labels on the back of the radio and the inside of the cabinet. I don't think there's anything on the back of the record player but if someone thinks there might be some I can try to get a picture.

Information I have observed (I am no expert!)
--Radio buttons are, from left to right: 1. Off/On/Tone 2. Volume 3. BC/SW/PH (something/Shortwave/Phono), 4. Tuning.
--The record player arm is bakelite-type plastic. The record player is green metal on a roller. It's also on shock absorbers! (it bounces)
--It does have a back. Serial number is Q1372. It has a little gizmo for attaching an external antenna.
--Edited to add that when I bought it a man also visiting the store at the time, who seemed to know something about this sort of thing, said the front doors are made of french walnut. It's a thick veneer, in lovely shape.

If there is anything else I can answer that might help, please let me know!

Following is the first photo. Will attach the other photos to further posts as I don't know how many it can handle at once.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photo which was attached to this post is no longer available.

Natalia

BC, Canada