Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 Part ID

Hello All,

I'm new to antique radio restoration, and have settled in on a nice Philco 60 as my 1st attempt. This is the Cathedral type, and I believe it to be a 1935. I've downloaded all of the available schematics, and it looks as though all of the revisions are up to snuff. This radio was purchased from the daughter of the original owner, and was lovingly kept in their living room until my recent purchase and is in beautiful condition. I was told the radio was completely unmolested, but I see evidence of some very old, (maybe early 60's) repair work.

I've been carefully going through the schematics and identifying the part numbers, and values of all of the resistors and capacitors, as they will all be replaced. There are two Aerovox Mica, (type 3?) caps that I am having trouble with. I cannot tell if I should be reading the center dot, as brown, or if this is simply the case color. (pic attached). I'm either Orange/Orange and Blue/Yellow, or Orange/Brown/Orange and Blue/Brown/Yellow. I cannot seem to find these caps on the schematic either, so they are likely part of a revision update. Anyway, if someone could help me understand the value of these parts, it would be great.

Thanks much!

-Brett

Messages In This Thread
Model 60 Part ID - by Caperodder - 11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Re: Model 60 Part ID - by PhilcoMike - 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Re: Model 60 Part ID - by Arran - 11-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Re: Model 60 Part ID - by Caperodder - 11-06-2011, 07:24 AM