Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

capacitor question on a 46-200 transitone

Hi- I'm new to the forum. I actually called Ron R up about 10 years ago when I restored my last Philco (a model 87 Neutrodyne). Well I'm back at it again and am now working on a model 46-200, a 48-250 and a 48-1270 that I picked up at my local thrift store for $40 in unbelievable condition (exterior-wise).

Anyways, my apologies if I am asking a common question, but I want to replace all the capacitors in the 46-200 transitone. The ones for the audio circuit are pretty straightforward, but I am having trouble finding electrolytics for the power circuit. The ones on my chassis (which unfortunately are original, but do not match the schematic) are the following:

1) a .2uF 400V Sprague capacitor that has the wire from one end wound around it about 8 times or so (for which reason I don't know but am planning to replicate)
2) a .04uF 400V philco cap (part number 30-4119)
3) a dual cap (20uF-20uF) 150DCWV that may still be good (which is different than what is shown on the schematic which is a 30-25-30)

I went to Antique Electronic supply (where I usually get my parts) and they don't have electrolytics at those small values.

can you please advise what I should do? I figure whatever I do for this one I will probably run into with the next two units.

Thanks so much in advance!
Paul

Messages In This Thread
capacitor question on a 46-200 transitone - by Paul D - 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM