Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When Is A Restoration Really A Restoration?

Thanks so much for sending that photo of the back "calmark". I enjoyed reading about how you found it too! I used to have great finds like that but seems today that all I do is spend top dollar. I once found TWO of the rarest GE pre-war TVs in the basement of an old TV repairman's shop. One I gave to a friend (table top version) just for getting my console to work. Eventually I sold the console for a whopping 8,000 dollars and a large original Victor Nipper with glass eyes to boot!

OH MY---I knew things were going too good. My restorer just called and told me one of the two tweeters has a shorted coil. Chances of finding another are nil. What do you guys recommend? I think I read that some people can re-do them? In the meantime he is putting in a temporary modern tweeter. I've been trying to get him to do that capacitor modification too which people her on the Phorum say improve the sound and volume.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Is A Restoration Really A Restoration? - by Sam samuelian - 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM