Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to select replacement 33rpm changer for 47-1230

When I started to work on my console radio, two comments came out very frequently...

first "that's a high tube count, this a hard project for a beginner" and I must admit it is true, its more challenging than smaller ones (that I got afterwards. I've seen schematics with less than 15 caps!)

Then, "those dynamic cartdriges are impossible to find, you might never get this changer to work again".

To be honest, I need to agree again, but more even is the fact that I don't own any 78rpm records and have not access to many, while I really like 33rpm LPs. (and singles too, but that's another story)

Therefore, I would like to know if it is possible to replace the changer for a 33RPM one, I don't really care about the style being that it goes "inside" the radio, but would like it to not look too much out of place.

It would need to be compatible, both electronically and mechanically -
electronically: needs to be compatible with the phono input of the radio;
mechanically: would be awesome if I could bolt it in the bolting brackets of the D10-A without having to alter the frame of the radio.

So... how do I find such a replacement radio... and more even, where do I find it?

any help appreciated. I'd hate to put a 70s turntable in that 40s wooden console.

-Mars

Messages In This Thread