Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 89 Osc. Coil Readings Question?

I kind of figured you had an advanced education in some form of electronics. You've helped me out a lot. I've only been doing this for 6 years or so but have been around electronics all my life. My father was an EE and his hobby was televisions from the, well I guess the first ones. I believe I could solder by the age of 5 and he had me using a slide rule by the age of 10. He passed in '68 from the cancer but I'll never forget his words... "Son if you don't know how to use a slide rule you'll never amount to anything". Not long after he passed I was carrying a pocket calculator around. I took electronics for 4 years in high school and two years of college focusing on electronics and mathmatics for electronics but it became evident that I had to make a living so I never earned my degree in electronics. Electronics was my career but I don't think I stopped going to school until I retired. It was advancing so quickly I had to just to keep up. I remember when logic circuits hit the market. Back to school to learn how to troubleshoot them and take a refresher course in boolean math. I actually caught on quite fast and it was fun and easy. I could troubleshoot a logic circuit faster then a dead battery in my car. And of course the computer world. Had exposure to it but was never allowed to do anything that wasn't printed in the manual. Government missile & aircraft projects. Then I came to the NW and was thrown into the computer world and didn't really know how to do anything. Back to school taking computer science classes. This was when Windows 3.1 hit the market.

Always appreciate your help morzh!

Pepper

"It's Nice To Be Nice To The Nice"
Major Frank Burns Mash 4077th

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model 89 Osc. Coil Readings Question? - by Pepperoni - 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM