Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 89 Osc. Coil Readings Question?

Sure, any time, although compared to you I'm an uneducated boor (no offense meant to boors Icon_smile ).

I do have an education in physics, but believe it or not, department of physics in my former country taught only half-year course of very basic "electronics for physicists" (so we do not electrocute ourselves when working with experimental equipment).

I am largely self-taught as an EE, starting from a radio kit my dad gave me for my 8th birthday and then having fun doing all kind of stuff. But it allows me so far to be gainfully employed as an EE for 22 years of being here in the US. Icon_smile
I grew up in the era of the tubes going away and transistors being the mainstay of electronics, the ICs just appearing (60-s-70-s). Especially in my country where we lagged behind some 15 years.

Most of my career in the old country I spent as a troubleshooter, hence my love for it. Here I am in the development, which has always been my ambition, but I still enjoy troubleshooting and I was always known across the companies where I used to work as a go-to person when something weird needed to be figured out. This is why I always try to figure out stuff all by myself first, and only then, if I feel I am punching above my weight, I go for help.
Keeps me young Icon_smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model 89 Osc. Coil Readings Question? - by morzh - 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM