Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Philco Shadowgraph meter, the old style, coil removal

Jerry

I am pretty sure that you could use a sewing machine as a base for creating a winding machine. But the way it is, unmodified, I doubt it would work with enameled copper wire.

Actually I saw some company in CA, I think, making some not too expensive winding machines; the problem is figuring what wire they are good for, but the company is an American one so a phone call could resolve that.

I am not a mechanical buff so even if I had a sewing machine, and I do have one (my wife followed in footsteps of my mother - she got herself one and never used it) I'd probably never modded it due to my sheer mechanical ineptitude, or as we say in my language, my hands growing out from a wrong place.

And then I do believe in people specializing in various fields, so if someone is good at winding stuff and does not charge your arm and leg for it, I will gladly pay the price. Let the guy have an extra 50 bucks and me have a finished product about 1 year sooner than I would otherwise have it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco Shadowgraph meter, the old style, coil removal - by morzh - 02-27-2013, 12:31 AM