Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Thoughts on a McMurdo Silver Masterpiece VI Speaker

I think the 15'' Maggy I have from a Northern Electric console is very similar to that red pedestal unit other then it does not have the pedestal, I doubt if they will get near $300 for it but who knows? It definitely has to be a cult thing with the Jensen 18'' speakers, and the dubious Western Electric connection makes about as much sense as anything with the audiophools. I've noticed that the more normal sized Jensens don't get anywhere near that amount of money, though some try asking it.
It's sort of like General Motors built V16 Cadillacs, which are a high end classic car often with custom built bodies, but they also made more ordinary Cadillacs with V8s and millions of cheap Chebbies sedans too, same goes with Jensen and their speakers. The logic here also seems to be that Hollywood star X (Western Electric) owned a V16 Cadillac therefore Packards, Lincolns, Duesenburgs, Imperials, and Pierce Arrows aren't any good.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on a McMurdo Silver Masterpiece VI Speaker - by Arran - 02-26-2013, 11:34 PM