Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Latest project - 1942 Zenith model 7S633

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUSa77QDhgc

Once again, this is a radio that's been in the family since new. I have two such radios, and both were purchased new by my great-grandparents. The 1940 Coronado was my mom's grandparents' on her mother's side of the family, and this 1942 Zenith was bought new by my dad's grandparents on his dad's side of the family. I never knew my dad's great-grandparents, as they both passed away between 10 and 20 years before I came along. Great-grandpa, who more than likely went to the local Zenith dealer one day in late 1941 to purchase this, died when my dad was only 6 years old, so he only has vague memories of him too.

Philcos are always my first love, but I don't think restoring any one of them has given me as much pride and personal satisfaction in bringing them back to life as these two radios have. To hear them play again is like having a piece of my dearly departed grandparents (who passed these radios on to me from their parents) with me again, and it's a good feeling! I hope they are smiling down from above, knowing that these radios that they listened to as youngsters are once again being enjoyed and will continue to be enjoyed by future generations.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
Latest project - 1942 Zenith model 7S633 - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 04-27-2013, 08:25 PM