Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 71b Filter Condenser Bank Question

Hi guys, It has been a while since I have posted here on the site, I had moved down to Arkansas this past December and am finally getting settled in with my job and my new apartment. I just made a trip two weeks ago to Ohio and back to finally get my radio stuff. My last project was that 38-93 tombstone I finished back during the spring, which turned out great, I gave the radio to my uncle and he really enjoys it.

My next set, and forth radio project, is this 71B Cathedral I picked up at the Michigan Radio club meet last summer. I already have a few questions for you all that know about this model or have worked on one.

I have looked at the parts list and have noticed that on the list it shows each electrolytic can as 6 mfd 50-60 cycles, but below it, after the values for the twin speaker model (I have the single speaker) it shows 8 mfd 25-60 cycles. Does each can have both a 6 and 8 mfd? I only see one lead coming out of the original terminal (that has been disconnected). Also what would the voltage rating for each electrolytic and what does the cycles part mean? I am quite confused about this. Also there are two metal filter blocks in this radio, the parts list mentions one, but the other *Part No. 3583* is not in the diagram, I know this is a original part. I don't know the capacitor values in this box.

I am working on getting a parts list.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Philco 71b Filter Condenser Bank Question - by Philco281989 - 05-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Help on checking the coils - by Philco281989 - 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM