Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Model 89 coil rewind..did anyone save their notes?

Lucky me, I need to rewind not only the Oscillator coil on my 1935 model 89, code 123, but also the RF coil. I've read through all of the coil rewinding information I could find here, but I'm wondering if anyone who has done this before saved their notes and could be kind enough to share? Mostly I'm trying to find which ends of the coil wires go to which terminals on each? It appears as if on the OSC coil that the infamous "tickler" winding is on the inner coil? Having never done this before, I need all the help I can get. Using logic, I would guess that, given a coil with a primary and secondary winding, there should be 4 wires / 4 connections, two wires from each coil (the start of the windings and the end of the windings) But it appears there are more connection points than that. I found a post from Ron that said there are 12 turns of 38 ga wire for the primary winding on the RF coil, which is GREAT information. Can anyone enlighten me as to the number of windings for the secondary? Ditto for the OSC coil. I'm sorry if this makes me sound like a total dummy. I tried to hide the fact as long as I could Icon_wink Thanks

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
Model 89 coil rewind..did anyone save their notes? - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 02-10-2014, 10:44 PM