Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P.

I finally had a chance to escape (thank you rain!) and got back to the bench. I managed to get the tuner shaft greased and back together, installed it back on the tuner, lubed up the bearings and gave a check. Ahhh, nice an smooth Icon_wink . I just realized I need to get some rubber bushings to mount the tuner back on the chassis (forgot all about 'em), so back on hold til those get ordered. Tried some grommets, but they were too thin. Might as well spend the money and try to get the right parts.

Jim, the wiring on mine matches the schematic. You got me scratching my head over yours. From your picture, things look factory wired to me. Might leave it as is and see what your results are before changing anything. That is, IF things look like it was always that way. If you have problems, THEN start checking that real close. Could be some kind of factory change. I know mine has the wire going to the band switch from the mica, then from the other side of the mica to the 6A7 grid with #42 (32k) resistor feeding the circuit.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-16-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM