Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P.

I have my 70 basically done, and am working out a few lingering bugs. I am starting the rebuild of a model 610. Is there anything specific about this model that I should be aware of or problems that I should look for besides the usual caps, tubes and resistors? Is this a model prone to coil failures? Any history or threads on this would be of great help.

I know nothing of the history of this set other than it is an abandoned house find, buried in dust, and even had termites in the cabinet! Thankfully they didnt do much damage. I am also glad they dont like to eat electronics! It has had some work done, like the elecrolytics replaced many years ago, a replaced volume control and some work around the #45 bakelite. Other than that, it looks mostly undisturbed.

Here is the problem area. A shot of an undisturbed chassis would be of help. This is the #45 bakelite, which I think is a single .015 cap.

Thanks for your help and advice!

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-16-2014, 03:12 PM