Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting a Philco 60 chassis restore

At my local radio club swap meet I found a 60 that the guy refinished the cabinet on (not sure he did it the original way with lacquer and toner, but it still looks good). The price was decent, and I love the deco look of the cabinet, so I scooped it up. Not sure what exact variation it is, but the 6A7 does not have a shield base, so it would probably be the last variant.

Got it home to discover the dial is cracked and part missing. The part number is 27-5102. Unfortunately that is not the dial Mark Oppat produces. I know Radio Daze reproduces this one. But I got a dial for my 40-180 from them that I wasn't thrilled with. Are they the only game in town on this one?

Also, the dial was sitting way too low in the bezel. Looks like this chassis had rubber washers/grommets under it. Any idea what size they should be?

Two of the knobs are not the original "bullet" style. Does any one reproduce those, or do I need to look for oem knobs?

Anything else I need to know about this chassis that I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks,

Nick

Messages In This Thread
Starting a Philco 60 chassis restore - by Nick3092 - 03-24-2014, 03:30 PM