Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-PT-96

i reacapped the set only the cap on he tunning cap and a .2 cab in the chassis i dident replace because the person i ordered the caps off dident send them,ok before i recapped the set i could only get one station CBC ,now i can not get any thing only a hum,this set has 4 locktals and 2 octal,i turn the set on and only 2 tubes light up the 35Z3 and the 50L6,the 7A8,7B7,and 7C6 dont light up could this be the problem?

Sometimes the heaters on the loctal tubes can be hard to see. Did you turn the lights off in the room to see if they were lighting?

Get replacements for the other two caps you didn't replace. Also, check your solder joints. Sometimes a solder joint can be loose or be rubbing against another connection causing a short.

Tom

Can someone tell me what the replacement is for schematic #6 2mfd  400v paper cap? Does it need to be a safety cap?

I think the one you are referring to is a .2 mf @400v. Common replacement value would be .22 or .25mf @ 630v. No safety cap need here. Don't think they made them that large anyway.

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Terry, i just got a bunch of caps from Radio Days and I have what i need thank you for the reply!