Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

any one know what grillclothe is o.e. on this?
thanks,phil
pic here isn't clear enough for me.

anybody?

Do you mean 19LZ?

That cloth is UNOBTAINIUM. A reasonable substitute is Pattern #40 from Radio Grille Cloth Headquarters.

http://www.grillecloth.com/

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

yep,my bad,i have corrected,thanks ron,you saved me again!are you talking about the generic console pattern? just making sure.
phil

Yup, a generic console pattern.

When you go to the Radio Grille Cloth Headquarters site and click on "See the gallery of 40 patterns" link, it brings up a Flash picture showing thumbnails of grille cloth patterns. Page 2, number 24, Pattern 40 is what you want.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

that's the one i saw,just making sure. i managed to snag the radio local,almost spotless except the cloth,$130!sweet!!!

Awesome.

19LZ sets are slowly coming out of the woodwork, it seems. Apparently Philco made more of these than the identical 19LZX, which included a separate speaker cabinet, and the 91RX, which used a 91 chassis in the same chairside cabinet, along with a separate speaker cabinet.

I am fortunate to own both a 91RX and 19LZ, along with a now complete 19TX. I acquired the 19TX radio unit (which is a small, compact tabletop unit with a handle on top) about 20 years ago, cheap. Barry Jones did his usual excellent work on its cabinet. Early this year, I managed to acquire the nearly impossible to find speaker cabinet for it, so I'm a happy camper. Now to find time to restore the chassis. Icon_confused

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN