Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Speaker cabinet, Emerson, and Kadette Resto Chronicles

What a GREAT day!

So nice out that I decided to spend the morning repairing, Stripping and cleaning a few pieces.

I have started on these 3 since they were on top of the pile Icon_lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I have repaired the grill on the Kadette so far.

I finishd the horrible job someone did trying to strip the speaker.

Last, I had to strip Nasty! poly off the Emerson.

I need a new spring for one side of the handle too. Might have to make one.

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Fast! Speaker shows promise!

People who use polyurethane on radios should be chemically castrated or legally forbidden to have children. Though this would not work as most of them are in their 60s.
OK, castration then. With a rusty spoon. And then to be placed in stocks in the middle of a large swapmeet with polyuretaned radio next to him. People should throw old rubber wiring, rats nests and empty polyurethane cans in the offender. Large scarlet letter P should be emblazoned on a sign near him, and then he should wear it for the period no less than 2 months.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Woah, Settle down Mike Icon_lol

Time to go to the house and work. UGH

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

LOOKING GOOD!
Going yo use the spk on the SG-8???
Terry

I dont think a wood speaker will mesh with the Metal radio. There was one on ebay but is sold too high. I needed it to copy the back since mine is missing.

Too windy to do any toning today.

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

Mike, go have a Sammy or two, three.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Sam! Saaaam!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

no no don`t go their mike Icon_silent

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

They should be careful using slang around a Russian. Icon_lol

Heart Icon_angel family phorum    family phorum Icon_angel Heart 
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

So Kirk,
Are any of these set working???
Terry
ps One of my ham buddies is coming over tomorrow to hang with M and S bearing lots of toobs!!!
I'll drop them in the mail to you when I get them.

Amazingly 90% of the sets work.

A couple were even updated.

What Toobs?

Why are people mailing me things?

Not that I'm complaining Icon_lol

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

kirk
you have that nice new house your not living in
we thought we`d help fill it with stuff we don`t need Icon_twisted 
sam

mafiamen2

Kirk;
I have an example of that same model of Kadette you are working on, the knobs are correct on your set but the dial pointer is wrong. I seem to remember the one in mine being white and thin like a needle, possibly with a crescent moon on the end. It's another set on my bottomless pile of sets to restore, and it, like yours, needs the celluloid lens over the dial replaced, it's fogged up due to hairline cracks. It's an interesting set electrically too, it has a pair of #43 output tubes connected in parallel, plates and grids tied together, filaments are in series, and I think it has two glass ballast tubes.
Regards
Arran