Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rusty Chassis Restoration Hint

Hello you radio buckeroos and buckerettes.

Many of us run across rusty chassis and if we are going to sell or keep the radio it is important to remove the cancerous rust. Sand paper, files, Naval Jelly and other a-sundry items are used, and after cleaning it up the chassis needs a good soapy wash with water or water with baking powder in it to neutralize all acids or alkalines.

A good production to spray or brush over the chassis work is Rustoleum Galvanox Galvanizing Spray. It is very zinch rich and will kill and stop all future rust after the surface is prep'ed. You may also use a primer if you care too, I do not when using the Galvanox. I have used this product for close to 50 years on tower steel, gates, fence poles and all sorts of metal products that are in the open.

W4SBA

Stan Adams
Memphis

Welcome to the Phorum Stan!! Thanks for the info.

(05-05-2015, 08:09 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Welcome to the Phorum Stan!!  Thanks for the info.

Thanks much

Hey super Bob, is there such a thing as a pin-out of antenna, oscillator, if coils for say the 89B and other models, I am chasing a problem in one of those 89B from H**l radios, and I am lucky because I am an experienced troubleshooter and also because it has a 76 Detector. So let me know what this site contains that might help me.

Thank you Bob

Stan

Well there's a set of schematics for the 89 that shows the evolution of the model through time that might help you. I don't know of any specific pin diagrams but others may.