Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

84 problem

Sooooooo I went to play my 84 that Mike restored the chassis of and it went crazy. LOUD squealing sound. 
I hooked up the speaker wrong right?  Icon_thumbdown Icon_rolleyes

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Too much regeneration. There is a regeneration control somewhere on the back of the chassis, turn it counterclockwise.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

If you are looking at the back of the set it's the one all the way to the right on the rear lip. Looks like a 1/4" fiber nut with a screwdriver slot in in. Turn it to the left (ccw) about 1/4 or a half turn til the oscillation stops. Should adj with ant and gnd connected to the set.
Terry

its the trimmer on the far right at the back of the radio.

Has to be tried with good long antenna.
I did it with almost nothing so the amplification can be too much.

just remembered....is this the one where the org knob was missing? I think I put a wire nut there instead....though should work fine.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

mike
you know his idea of long wire  is bunched up wire connected to his ladder Icon_thumbdown
Icon_think  maybe he`s saying that you did a louse job at restoring it   Icon_silent
kidding don t bunch your panties up
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Icon_lol

That ladder is a great antenna!

I will try that fix and hope it works.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6