Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1201 Phono Cartridge

See post #3 below for information on a cartridge for a Philco 46-1209 radio-phono.

Meanwhile, enjoy some photos of Greg's 46-1209 with gold accents on the knobs, hand applied.

- admin

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

May I ask where one may locate a replacement needle and cartridge for a Philco 46-1201? I love this model and the technology involved. And it's one of my most wanted units.  

Ian M. Gordon
NEARC
HARPS

This is the go-to place for cartridges and idler wheels for me: http://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/

I hand painted the gold on the knobs of my 46-1201. Really dresses them up. I do that on Hippo models too, which use the same knobs.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

That model No. from VM is KCCC. It's a barrel type with both 78 and LP styli. It has a higher output voltage than other's you might use. I believe the output volts. are 1.3 volts. I just ordered one yesterday.

Since Jim added some useful information regarding the phono cartridge for this model, I decided not to delete the entire thread, even though the radio has been sold. I will leave it up to the moderators if they wish to leave this thread or delete the whole thing.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Per Greg's suggestion, I have converted this thread from a "for sale" ad into a restoration topic.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks, Ron.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org