Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average

The list of my radio & TV collection!

My collection is constantly updated .I showed only a quarter of it. Some receivers will be glad to exchange or sell in the US. If you are interested then I make a list of radio ,that can sell or trade .

Another "Baltika" ... Балтика РЗ-1

That's a beautiful radio! Simple yet beautiful.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yes . It seems to me the most beautiful and sophisticated radio made in Latvia, in Riga in two plants - VEF and Radiotechnika . Yet another radio that I vosstanvil this winter - VEF M-697, 1949-year.The previous model of VEF.

Yet another radio that I vosstanvil this winter :

Vosstanovil - means "restored". Google sometimes does not know better Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Michael, Google have to say thank you for his help in the translation ... Icon_lol

I love this radio and the previous one... very nice radios Icon_thumbup

The knobs on this one look a little like Philco Rosette knobs - these knobs appear on radios in New Zealand as well - Does anyone know if Philco were the first to design / use them?  And did they licence the design or was it just copied?  I have several New Zealand radios with this knob (grub screw versions, not push on like the Philco ones I have)

Steve

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

Yes, Steve. The fact that these pens VEF designers have borrowed from Philco recognize and Latvian collectors and connoisseurs radio. And for the first time at the receivers VEF these pens appeared before the Second World War. Look for photos and posted first-born.

By "pens" (this is how Google translated "ручки") Petro means "knobs".

(In Russian both knob and pen, as well as "small hand/arm" is the same word).

It seems to me that you have to learn English ... Icon_rolleyes Thank you Michael

"I have to learn". Icon_smile

That's fine, this is the way one learns - by speaking, writing, making mistakes. Just look at what Google gives you before copying; first you will likely notice if something is glaringly wrong, and second, you have to try to understand the phrase yourself, else you are not learning.

"I have to learn".  Icon_biggrin

Google does not understand me. Icon_cry Or I do not know Google?  Icon_mrgreen

Sorry. There is little free time for my hobbies, but I rejoice when doing their toys. more ...

The elite of the Soviet tube radio - radio Belarus 53 (1953) and radiogrammofon Minsk-55 (1955).

Manufacturer - Minsk Plant named Molotov. 14 radio tubes. Very high quality made with the use of military radio technology. drum bands switch - reliable and timeless design. One UHF stage and three stage IF amplifier, push-pull on Soviet counterparts 6L6. Another creative - option "local method" according to the scheme of direct amplification. Excellent radio  8)  , but .... weak speakers ...  Soaking 15 watts it hard ...  Icon_cry

Minsk 55. Belarus simplified version .Only 11 of tubes, there is no fixed setting, less powerful push-pull amplifier in the 6V6, but more beautiful and expensive veneer finish.

Very nice.

I was just going to ask if they ever made "high end" radios, though I understand that the aim at the time was to make more for less money. I also wondered about consoles from the 1930s, or were they all foreign makes? Do you ever find radios from the 1920s? I am familiar with French and British sets from the 1920s but not others.

Nice to see a great collection from the other side of the world.

I would certainly be interested in an exchange, though I would have to start saving up for postage. Do these radios clear customs OK? Is there a lot of duty (charges for import)? Do they arrive not-smashed?

Pictures of my collection somewhere in the 250+ range on my site below.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/