Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Am I color blind?

I'd post a schematic pertaining to my question, but I'm sure someone will have an answer without it. Besides, it really wouldn't help anyway.

Philco 40-180. Capacitors 1A, 6, and 22 are all listed as 250 picofarad Mica caps. They are all 3 dot, but the color codes on all three are green, orange, and green. Shouldn't they all be orange, green, brown? They've never been replaced, and no changes were indicated on any of the schematics.

I am missing something here, or should I go see the eye doctor?

(05-23-2015, 07:45 PM)Patrick Wrote:  I'd post a schematic pertaining to my question, but I'm sure someone will have an answer without it. Besides, it really wouldn't help anyway.

Philco 40-180. Capacitors 1A, 6, and 22 are all listed as 250 picofarad Mica caps. They are all 3 dot, but the color codes on all three are green, orange, and green. Shouldn't they all be orange, green, brown? They've never been replaced, and no changes were indicated on any of the schematics.

I think that Philco has the color codes in no particular order like resistors.  See here:

http://www.philcorepairbench.com/micacap.htm

Crist

(05-23-2015, 07:45 PM)Patrick Wrote:  I'd post a schematic pertaining to my question, but I'm sure someone will have an answer without it. Besides, it really wouldn't help anyway.

Crist is correct. If it had been the RMA color code, it would have been red-green-brown.  Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I meant to say red, green, brown, not orange, green, brown. My finger slipped.

But thanks, guys. I guess it proves that drugs WERE prevalent in the 30's and 40's. It also means my eyes are O.K. Old, but O.K.. Lots of information on that site that I didn't know existed. Thanks.

The part number, 61-0033 is not listed on that chart, but I see what you mean.

Pat