Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have 37-10 working. Need rubber mounts.

I give new meaning to the word amateur . I have a 37-10 that i have re-capped and made some reccomended changes.
it is working from stations around 550 to 1100 but volume is weak and nothing from other bands on the dial listed as police
And or listed countries. Also the entire tuner section moves. I am not sure why or how to tell how much it should move?
Thanks for helping me on my first post.
Hopefully i will make some friends here on the philco phorum. My friends call me T T. Which stands for nothing in particular.
NEXT STEP....
I have the unit working pretty good. Need to know what the rubber mounts do and where i can get them. One in the back and one on each side of the tuning condenser section. Also need to know WHERE TO GET ANTENNAE and knob for the band selector for this 37-10. Then finally how does the chassis mount into the cabinet. I received it in pieces. There are 3 long bolts (about 4" long) But i dont see any place for them???

Again thanks in advance for any advice or help. I have learned quite a bit already.

Me thinks your problem is a dirty or damaged tuner. 3X5 index cards, toothpicks flat, Q-tips, wd-40, Deoxit, small flashlight, hand lens are your friends. Look carefully for dirt or dust making contact as you turn the tuner (NO POWER) or bent blades making contact. Check the band selector switch and clean as needed again NO POWER. Good Luck David

Welcome to the Phorum TT. Did you do an alignment on the set?

(05-27-2015, 07:05 PM)kure how tos no.londike98 Wrote:  Welcome to the Phorum TT.  Did you do an alignment on the set?

Well, let me say this. I have set it up so the am stations are pretty much on the money. I am not knowledgeable enough to do one properly so my answer is no. I have a heathkit rf osc 1g-5280, but not sure how to run it. What would be a good starter instruction book, or point me in a direction. I will it cleaned tonight.

(05-27-2015, 06:33 PM)David Wrote:  Me thinks your problem is a dirty or damaged tuner. 3X5 index cards, toothpicks flat, Q-tips, wd-40, Deoxit, small flashlight, hand lens are your friends. Look carefully for dirt or dust making contact as you turn the tuner (NO POWER) or bent blades making contact. Check the band selector switch and clean as needed again NO POWER. Good Luck David

Cleaning tonight. More tomorrow. I am concerned about the low volume.
Thanks

Alignment does align the dial position to the correct frequencies but it also ensures the IF, intermediate frequency, signal is maximized. I still struggle to get the alignment done on some sets but here is a handy book to have a copy of, Alignment of Philco Receivers. There is introductory text explaining the process and details for early Philcos. 37-10 is on p. 22. If you get the Philco information for the 37-10 from Chuck Schwark, I expect it will have more details on the alignment for your set as well.

(05-28-2015, 02:07 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Alignment does align the dial position to the correct frequencies but it also ensures the IF, intermediate frequency, signal is maximized.  I still struggle to get the alignment done on some sets but here is a handy book to have a copy of, Alignment of Philco Receivers.  There is introductory text explaining the process and details for early Philcos.  37-10 is on p. 22.  If you get the Philco information for the 37-10 from Chuck Schwark, I expect it will have more details on the alignment for your set as well.

Many thanks. Onward i go. As it sometimes go. After letting it set for a few days I have lost everything.
Back to the voltage tests to see if something changed. Then see if i can follow chuck. Thanks a bunch.

(05-29-2015, 12:03 AM)ttmiller Wrote:  
(05-28-2015, 02:07 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Alignment does align the dial position to the correct frequencies but it also ensures the IF, intermediate frequency, signal is maximized.  I still struggle to get the alignment done on some sets but here is a handy book to have a copy of, Alignment of Philco Receivers.  There is introductory text explaining the process and details for early Philcos.  37-10 is on p. 22.  If you get the Philco information for the 37-10 from Chuck Schwark, I expect it will have more details on the alignment for your set as well.

Many thanks. Onward i go. As it sometimes go. After letting it set for a few days I have lost everything.
Back to the voltage tests to see if something changed. Then see if i can follow chuck. Thanks a bunch.

I have completed recomended procedures and she is working. However, it came to me with the chassis out of the cabinet and I dont know how the chassis is secured to the cabinet..... Help... again it's a 37-10.