Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Philco Model 46-1201 Code 126....

Hi Guys....
I'm having a bear of a time trying to find a schematic for this unit. It had been gotten into before me and I'm trying to straighten out the mis-wirings and so on. The tube compliment utilizes tubes 7A8, 7B7, 7C6, 35L6 and a 50X6 as a rectifier. It has that strange 15 + 15 mfd wired in series (plus a 40 mfd on the output) in the power supply. 
I've read the revisions made for this code model however, many components are non-existant on these circuits. So a schematic would certainly speed up the fixing process.

ANY help would be sorely appreciated.

Tnx...
...Jim

(06-01-2015, 10:17 AM)Jim Koehler Wrote:  Hi Guys....
I'm having a bear of a time trying to find a schematic for this unit. It had been gotten into before me and I'm trying to straighten out the mis-wirings and so on. The tube compliment utilizes tubes 7A8, 7B7, 7C6, 35L6 and a 50X6 as a rectifier. It has that strange 15 + 15 mfd wired in series (plus a 40 mfd on the output) in the power supply. 
I've read the revisions made for this code model however, many components are non-existant on these circuits. So a schematic would certainly speed up the fixing process.

ANY help would be sorely appreciated.

Tnx...
...Jim

Im sure Chuck Schwark has the schematic. He has very good schematics with all info available for only aout $7.00 .

Hi Jim
You sure it's a 50w6   Not 50y6 ?
I have shematic with 50y6
Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Hi Jim,
Try this:  http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013610.pdf
The older sets used a half wave rectifier with a dc output of about 130vdc. Your set uses a Voltage Doubler (two diodes) that's why you have the two 15mfd cap in series. The dc output will be about 230vdc. Important that you install the electrolytic condensers with the proper polarity and voltage rating( the 40mfd need to be a 250v job).
GL
Terry

OK...thanx guys.....

picked up another code 126 chassis......
Did a comparison and found the fault. But the second chassis was in such great shape that I ended up using that one. The one thing I omitted from the original circuit was the L/C network on that .2 cap. I'm told it's needed for keeping the persistant hum down to a decent roar.
@ Sam....yeah you WILL find other rectifiers in place. But this one IS a 50X6. The difference between the two are the pin callouts. But the 126 schematic is subtly different from other prints.
IMHO?....worst made chassis ever produced by Philco.
I also used a white LED bulb in place of the 7 watt nitelite bulb that's usually in there. They got 'em at Home Depot.

jim
great you figured it out Icon_clap Icon_clap
nice to have a spare chassis some times to help Icon_thumbup
sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

BTW....

Chuck Schwark had the diagrams and just about everything else I needed. Fast delivery!

Sometimes I'm like the Jimmy John's delivery guys, "Phreakie Phast"!
Depends on many variables, all of which are in the USPS domain . . .

Chuck