Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 42-KR3

Just completed restoration on this little kitchen set. Since there isn't a photo in The Philco Radio Gallery, I thought I'd post a few of mine.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Pretty!

John Honeycutt

Very Nice... Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

I love that set! Mine is unrestored but pretty darn good condition.
Yours looks fantastic
Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Great restoration.  Looks like it just came out of the box!  Take care, Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Beautiful job !

I know this is a very old thread, but it's the best I've found for pictures of the original knobs. I'm working on a 42-KR3 for a friend and it's missing the knobs. It's doubtful that I'll be able to find the originals, so my plan is to design and print them on my 3D printer. They won't look as nice as the originals, but should look ok if I can get the shape and dimensions right. Any chance I can get you to take some good detailed photos of those original knobs, as well as some accurate dimensions?

Thanks!

Rich

These knobs are pretty common. I only have one right now but email Julie or Mike (Our knob dealers) and they will hook u up...

Kirk Icon_smile

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Rich, you might want to contact these people. They seem to have pared down their website. One used to be able to look through pages that showed the knobs they had in stock. Contact them anyway, they have molds and make the knobs. http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com/

Here is their "contact us" link http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com/contactus.html

You won't get an answer, Larry Bordonaro sadly passed away several years ago. I'm frankly surprised his site is still up.

Ed Schutz (renovatedradios) took over much of Larry's old product line, but not all.

Edit: The knobs are the same as used on many of the very small Transitone/Philco Transitone radios as well as some slightly larger Philco table models (40-120 comes to mind), only painted to match the cabinet.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for all the great info guys!  I'll check with Julie or Mike.

Rich

Oops...forgot to update this.  I did check with Julie and she had a pair of these knobs so I picked them up from her.  Thanks for the help!

Rich

GREAT!

Icon_smile

As of 1/01/2021