Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 70 Question

Hello,

I jsut sold my Model 70 this past week and another one was given to me yesterday. Guess I'm meant to have one in my collection. The radio plays pretty good except for the low end of the band, could be a weak tube, I cannot test them... My question is about alignment procedure,,,I see there are  three trimmers on the tuning condenser, is there a specific sequence of adjustment? or just trim out?

Bob  

Attached Files Image(s)

What a beautiful radio!

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Thank You...I spent most of the day cleaning years of tar and nicotine off the cabinet and that is what was underneath..Free ones like this don't find me too often 

Wow...free, clean and playing.

Has it been restored prior to being given to you? Caps etc?
The alignment procedure should be in the manual, if it is still available from Nostalgia Air. And it is simple.
Or, if you want a good quality docs package, Cuck is the go to man.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Did a quick cap replacement on top of the bakelites (and new power cord) so I could see if it played, at some point I may go back and rebuild them. I printed off the schematic form Nostalgia Air and didn't have any alignment instructions but I may have missed that page. Thanks!!

I think this could be the nature of old set. I restored one a couple years ago and
It was the same way no matter how I aligned it. I purchased a "parts" chassis that 
Worked and if I recall it was a little weak on the bottom end. The parts chassis
Worked better than the rebuilt one due to the fact that I had an irritating intermittent
Problem with the volume. Fixed that but recently it has reared its ugly head again. So
It sits until I get my shop finished...

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

(08-30-2015, 10:29 AM)bm071 Wrote:  Thank You...I spent most of the day cleaning years of tar and nicotine off the cabinet and that is what was underneath..Free ones like this don't find me too often 

Your set looks amazing.  What is your process for cleaning an original finish to get a fine product such as this?

I have several original finish Philco's that need cleaned cabinets.

Jon

"A Minute of Care is Worth an Hour of Repair" circa 1930.

As for weak reception at the low end of the band I would rewind the feedback winding on the osc coil.

Terry