Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Z Bomb

This is just a little drawing I whipped up to help advertise the serious power lurking inside the Zenith 8-S-563. I drew this completely freehanded in about half an hour. The lighting is two 40 watt mercury vapor lamps.

Attached Files Image(s)

Slave to an RCA Victor CTC-25

(09-02-2015, 09:57 PM)TheUniversalDave1 Wrote:  This is just a little drawing I whipped up to help advertise the serious power lurking inside the Zenith 8-S-563. I drew this completely freehanded in about half an hour. The lighting is two 40 watt mercury vapor lamps.

Where is the mushroom cloud? Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek

I already fanned it away for the picture.

I actually understood this!!!!
I am learning, Icon_lol
You need practice..... or a ruler Icon_mrgreen
Me

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

If you understand it can you explain it to me, please? Because I have no clue what it means.

Yes Lucy explain!!

Really?
I'M the smart one??????
Hold H**l, Mark your calenders!

A Mercury vapor lamp is meant to burn much brighter than a standard bulb. Especially high pressure lamps.

Are these new bulbs? These bulbs need a burn in period when first lit. At least an hour and they can be brighter in the beginning. They can burn 10-100 times brighter.
Another thing can be the Ballast having an issue.
This is not set up as a Dim bulb tester right? If that is the case then there may be a short in the DUT but I am pretty sure in a darker room with light walls it is just the bulb.

Now watch me be wrong and get blown out of the water Icon_lol

Me

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

This fixture has been working fine for a year and a half.

The two light globes look like....you know what. Icon_smile

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.