Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16B Cathedral chassis question

Hi all,
I have a little mystery i am trying to solve. Is my chassis a 16B-code 121 or 125 ? The 125 has a dual electrolytic 8 & 10
but no filter condenser bank .The 121 has the filter condenser bank but no dual electrolytic. My chassis has the filter bank and the dual electrolytic,this is according to the schematics on NosAir.Could they be a combo of both?
They both have a 80 rec tube.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013139.pdf
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013141.pdf

Four ways to tell:

1. Does you set have five bands or four? If five, it is a code 121. If four, it is a code 125.
2. Does it have a single tuning knob that pulls out and pushes in to change the tuning speed? If so, it is a code 121. If it has double concentric tuning knobs (one small knob within a larger collar-type knob), then it is a code 125.
3. Is the power transformer vertical mounting or horizontal mounting? Assuming the power transformer is original...if vertical, code 121; if horizontal, code 125.
4. Look at the antenna, RF and oscillator coil shields. If they are round with no holes, code 121; if square with four holes in the top of each one, code 125.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

What would we do with out you Ron? How do remember all these details?
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

(09-05-2015, 04:17 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  Four ways to tell:

1. Does you set have five bands or four? If five, it is a code 121. If four, it is a code 125.
2. Does it have a single tuning knob that pulls out and pushes in to change the tuning speed? If so, it is a code 121. If it has double concentric tuning knobs (one small knob within a larger collar-type knob), then it is a code 125.
3. Is the power transformer vertical mounting or horizontal mounting? Assuming the power transformer is original...if vertical, code 121; if horizontal, code 125.
4. Look at the antenna, RF and oscillator coil shields. If they are round with no holes, code 121; if square with four holes in the top of each one, code 125.

You my friend are a wealth of knowledge Icon_biggrin. Answers 1 thru 4,  (five ,push/pull,vertical, round)
Code 121. Thank you.
Funny thing is all the ways lead to a Code 121 chassis but the 2 electrolytics 1 is an 8 mfd Philco part #30-2023 and a dual 8-10 mfd Philco part #30-2045
are shown on the Code125 chassis and not on the 121.