Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 60 Antenna Coil

Thanks for responding!

Like I said, I'm systematically going through the schematic to see if there is anything I did incorrectly, or perhaps missed a connection, or an out of spec component. Basically starting at the antenna and working my way in. Mechanical guy here, so things are just starting to make sense to me. (Currently reading "Basic Radio Course" 1951 by John T. Frye) Plenty of audio, so I'm concentrating on the front end.

I figure if I have 6 ohms, instead of 1, at least it's not an open. I'm wondering what effect it has on the overall circuit.  I have the same condition between 6 & 4, and 3 & 2. If this is bad, I'm hoping someone will tell me so , so that I don't rewind a coil unnecessarily.

When I connect a wire to the 6A7 cap, I get one additional station, making two, but extremely weak. If it's any clue, the second station sounds like SW. Foreign language, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I do have a signal generator, and will do as you instruct. I have completed an alignment, and the signal tones consistently make it all the way through to the audio.

I'll take heat here, but I've also hooked up an o-scope and can see the tuning capacitor operating the full range of the AM band. Basically using it as a frequency counter.

I've also nearly completed a two tube, AM transmitter, that I hope will help me diagnose.

I'll be back on this project by the weekend, and will post the results.

Thanks much!

-Brett