Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 42-380 The hummer that now talks

Hello:

The radio that only hummed is now talking, I was able to repair it, praise the Lord. Two problems, I need help on:

1. On the rear of the chassis there are five, what appear to be trimmers, for the five preset station buttons on the radio. How are they trimmed and is a plastic screwdriver necessary due to body capicatance? Further, there are seven trimmers on the top right side of the chassis, looking from the front of the radio. What do they do and how are they trimmed? I need an operators manual for this radio, where might I get one?

2. The tuner string had come off so I repaired them, both strings are sufficiently tight. When tuning the radio sometimes the mechanism moves smooth and at other times it hangs up and stops moving. How can I fix this in that I lubricated all the moving parts in it including the tuner it self to hopefully resolve the problem?

Thanks for the help I apprecaite it.

God bless one and all,

Dave

Hi,

Those should be the antenna trimmers. Metal screwdriver should be OK, not that critical. Adjust for maximum volume with that pushbutton selected.

The 7 trimmers on top right of chassis are used in the alignment procedure for the 3 radio bands.

As far the dial string hanging, those can be fun. Make sure the string is not climbing over the wraps on the tuning shaft. Schematic says 2 turns so don't have 3 or more or this can be a problem.

Richard

Richard:

Tank you, presently only have two turns on string.

Dave

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again