Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

noobie wow!!!! overwhelming. HELP

(11-18-2015, 11:55 AM)klondike98 Wrote:  The only place to get one that is a match in looks would be from another chassis.  You can buy resistors with the appropriate wattage as replacements but they will look different.  I see you put in a Wanted Ad so hopefully one will turn up.

Is this a special kind of resistor or a normal resisstor with high watt value?

Nothing special other than it was a higher wattage than other resistors and they achieved higher wattage by using wire wound construction of the resistor. Today they are often called power resistors and in many cases if not all are also wire wound but they look different. some are in what looks like a sand casting, some ceramic and some in metal. One of the other guys will have to tell you what wattage to look for.

(11-18-2015, 04:16 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Nothing special other than it was a higher wattage than other resistors and they achieved higher wattage by using wire wound construction of the resistor.  Today they are often called power resistors and in many cases if not all are also wire wound but they look different.  some are in what looks like a sand casting, some ceramic and some in metal.  One of the other guys will have to tell you what wattage to look for.

Thanks for the info.It least with that info i can put in another resistor and keep working.

Ken

Well first radio is working and no fire. Along with a 42-pt95...next a 37-650 which looks a little harder

[Image: http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah18...qttu_1.mp4]

New 42-PT95 up and running also, however I only replaced caps and resisters and it worked beautifully. Painted legs to match grill but knobs don t any match anything. Pretty sure their original (i think) any suggestions replace/leave alone?
[Image: http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah18...nsfjwu.mp4]

Those knobs are not original, alas.  There is a great photo of the original knobs in the Photo Gallery under "1942 (June 1941)."  However, they're pretty close.