Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco radio battery boxes

It sounds like to me that someone needs to "bite the bullet" and buy the Philco A/B battery on the internet to scan the graphics and photo shop it if one wishes to make repo batteries. It appears no one has scans of this particular battery.
Best, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Here are some graphics for a Philco P-274 battery.  The battery specs are A voltage 7.5 to 9, B voltage 90, L=9 7/8 inches, W= 2 3/16 inches, H= 4 1/8 inches.  

The scanner I had available would not capture the full size in one scan so there are 2 scans to capture the original image in tif format.  I also merged them into a single jpeg image and finally put it into a word document that is approximately the correct size.  I'm sure they need more work to get them to a printable version but its a start.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...ttery1.tif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...ttery2.tif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...attery.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5462...ttery.docx

Thanks Bob,
I will see what I can do.

Jerry,
Where can I buy the battery? I dont see any to buy online.

Me

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Kirk, there was one offered on e-bay and was commented on I believe here or the alternate forum. I don't know if I can dig it up or not. Someone else may recall, it was only a day or so I will look. They were selling the guts and the cover. Who wants the guts?
Jerry

Edit: Here is the link responsed to by our own Sam.

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...ht=battery

nope I will not do it 20 plus for that no way
sorry I`m not a purest battery is a battery

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

The seller should lower the shipping if all you were interested in was the graphics. Who needs the tar filled stuff with its added weight?
Jerry

A piece is taped to the box and it is missing another good sized piece so I'll wait for a beter one.

Me

As of 1/01/2021

No problem Kirk. Someone familiar with Photo Shop (not me I have a friend to label reconstruction) should have no problem fixing the problems. Just a chance to get the graphics from a Philco 90/1.5V battery. I'm surprised no one seems to have them.
Best, Jerry

Kirk, what kind of radio do you want to make a battery for? There are lots of different sizes, voltages, and connector designs.

I have two old Philco batteries that I've made new guts for, using 9 volt and C or D cells. I can scan the boxes and send them to you if they're the kind you want. I'd have to look up the model numbers, but they are for a 41-81 and a 46-350.

Trouble is, I don't want to cut the boxes apart to make a flat scan of the whole box. I can make a scan of each side, but then someone would have to put them all together with photoshop or something to make a flat scan that could be printed out and folded to make a new box.

Old A/B batteries don't come up too often on ebay, Philco branded batteries even less. You often see B batteries with 67 1/2 or 45 volts, mostly Eveready, but sometimes other brands.

John Honeycutt

hi john
philco batteries very rarely show up
if you can scan yours would be great
we can take  eveready lay out and change grafix

thanks sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Hey guys, I bid on this battery and won. I thought when I received it I would open up the box and make a scan, then fix it in photo shop for anyone that needs one. So, if you need this battery box just give me a bit and I will either send you a scan of it or maybe print it out and send to you, either way you like. Seemed so many wanted it but didn't want to go through getting  it from ebay I figured I would see if I can do it for anyone that needs it. Let me know if you want one. Icon_eek

Warren, bless you! Not that I need one but for those that have Philco radios that use that particular battery, the graphics are priceless! There is a section on the Phorum where you can place graphics and I have added a few of tube layouts on a couple of radios after scanning and correcting bad areas. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.
Best, Jerry

Nice!

I will buy a scan when it is done. That will defray the cost.
I dont need a specific battery for a specific radio.
I just wanted to get a collection of grafix (as Sam would say) Icon_lol

I got you a present Sam! A little one, lol

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the 1928 era "Philco Socket Power B" supplies. Mine was seriously damage by acid leaks so I gutted it and was able to install a modified ARBE III supply. No holes were drilled in the front panel and only one binding post added.  Configuration and access to the ARBE taps are easily made by opening the top.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pete AI2V

(11-09-2015, 12:58 AM)jerryhawthorne Wrote:  Warren, bless you! Not that I need one but for those that have Philco radios that use that particular battery, the graphics are priceless! There is a section on the Phorum where you can place graphics and I have added a few of tube layouts on a couple of radios after scanning and correcting bad areas. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.
Best, Jerry

Sure, once I get it and get it scanned I will post it on the site. Kirk, don't worry about paying for it I will just send the scanned/fixed copy here. The forum here has helped me a lot so this is one way I can pay everyone back.