Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11

Arran  it is a Rogers Majestic 6R1131 and they tell me that it is the same as a model 11-11.
  Yes the rubber wiring is there but I chose to leave it alone since it was not crumbling, although I did have to replace all the small wires going to the dial lights on the top.
   I think that the resistors are within spec because the radio does play very good. At least good enough for my liking.
 There is one thing about this radio that I have never seen and it is called a short wave loupe. {see photo]
On my radio, everything is there  and working but I can hardly see anything on the indicator unless the room is totally dark.   MAYBE IT WAS ANOTHER SELLING FEATURE THAT REALLY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.
 I did try moving the bulb closer or farther away but it did not make any difference.
  The Queen Mary  also has the same setup.
  As far as the cabinet is concerned I have had a close look at it and I think I will go over it with gojo and use Trade Secret on it  and that should be all it needs. It is only original ONCE. The Rogers grill cloth is in good condition and I am glad because it is like hens teeth  to get any. I had some extra knobs which are the proper ones so I am good there.
The variable IF sure does make a difference in the tone.
  Thanks for the input and comments  Dan

Attached Files Image(s)

Living in Calgary Alberta

Messages In This Thread
RE: I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11 - by Dan Walker - 01-25-2016, 10:19 AM