Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11

Dan;
  That "Short Wave Loop" as they called it, looks basically like a gimmicky Majestic brand version of a vernier tuning display. The Rogers brand sets had a wheel with numbers on it that would spin around as it followed the pointer like the 10-10 and the 10-12 had. I figure that they did things like this just to fool the public and the dealers into thinking they were getting something different as opposed to a Deforest Crosley or a Rogers. The "Short Wave Loop" display on the Majestic probably needs either to be taken apart and cleaned or needs a brighter bulb, when I first saw that I assumed that it was some sort of shadow meter until I saw the words "Tuning Light" marked on the dial itself. I will see if I can find any service information on this feature out of the Canadian Majestic manuals I have, it will probably be listed under 6M1131 if I have it.
  That Queen Elizabeth has the sort of chassis that I would consider performing a capacitor restuff on, it doesn't look like anyone had replaced anything. Which is more then I can say for my 10-12 where someone decided to re-engineer the audio circuitry for very questionable reasons. The only thing I can figure is that maybe the audio interstage failed, but that doesn't explain why they disabled the tuning lights and messed with the tone control circuitry, probably someone who was ignorant and rather then figuring out how it worked decided to do their own thing.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: I picked up a Queen Elizabeth 11-11 - by Arran - 01-26-2016, 03:17 AM