Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I need the technical manual model 46-806

They gave me a radio Philco 46-806 model, which does not have a speaker, or your transformer.
I have the outline, but I need to know how the speaker, dial and needle is mounted.

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

I see you live in Spain! Greetings. Chuck Schwark should have that schematic, check with him at
http://www.philcorepairbench.com/schematics.htm

His schematics are only a few dollars and are very clear to read. I noticed that there was not a schematic available on the free Nostalgiaair Website.

Hello klondike98, thank you very much for your answer, try to get it in the direction you set me.
Greetings

I bought on eBay technical manual 46-806 Philco radio, to know how the speaker and the metal strip through which the needle slides dial is set.
As I mentioned in my first post, I have given me a radio Philco 46-806, which has the electrodynamic loudspeaker 4 "x 6", or the output transformer mounted speaker that comes with the speaker.
Deputy photographs radio I have, and what I need to know (with some photos, or documents), as is the detail is fixed:

1 When the speaker chassis.
2 The metal strip where the dial needle slides, speaker.
3rd transformer speaker, the speaker itself.

My intention is :

1º- Locate a speaker 4 "x 6", permanent magnet and an output transformer speaker.
Modify 2º- filter power supply, replacing the original speaker coil by a suitable power resistance.
Mount 3rd secured to the chassis, the set, transformer, speaker and metal strip through which the needle slides dial and dial montra rope for signaling dial needle work.

So I ask for help, for details of how fixed to the chassis of the radio, speaker, speaker transformer, and the upper metal needle tita where this radio dial slides.

regards

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, can someone help me please

(03-20-2016, 11:52 AM)Macan Wrote:  Hi, can someone help me please

Here's some pictures that may help.

http://elgramoforo.esforos.com/philco-46...ana-t10864

+1
Can't read any of it but the pic's are nice!!!!

Terry

The "beak" knob does not seem to belong. It is from 1937-1938 radios for band switching.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks for your answer Ed Locker, but had seen these pictures before and could see the speaker to the metal part where the needle on the dial slides is held, but I need to see how the speaker to the chassis is held, and these photos do not it shows.

Please, can anyone help me?

Hello morzh, as you see the "beak" knob  if it belongs to the radio.
The photo attached is another radio of this model, which I found in Internet

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't have one, so this is just an educated guess.

The speaker - which has an unusual large metal frame and is probably specific to this model or a few similar models - is most likely bolted to the chassis where the two clear strips are just behind the indent on the chassis (probably mounted from the magnet area - you can just see one in this photo http://postimg.org/image/zdvzpr5nh/ to the right of the IF can), and the dial assembly is bolted to the top of the speaker.

The speaker is part of the mechanical assembly for the front of the radio, almost like the engine in a motorbike often forms part of the frame... so not having the original one might be a problem. If you do not find an original speaker then you will need to make a suitable bracket(s) to mount everything in the correct place. I suspect those speakers will be very hard to find unless you can find another radio for parts.

Cheers

Steve

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives

Thanks kiwi_steve for your answer, I think you're right in everything you say.
I keep looking for help, and if you do not owe a supported as a speaker for me to get

Please, can anyone help me?

This radio was not sold in the United States so not not many collectors own one of these.   Your best best bet is to do a Google search for a Philco 46-806 and contact every person for a picture to help you out.  Otherwise, keep searching eBay for a similar radio.

I have located 2 or 3 nice chassis pictures, but they are all from the back and don't show how the speaker mounts.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"