Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco tuning capacitor

Hi every one I am new to this hope I am doing it right here goes am trying to repair philco mod 41-260 tuning cap hanging up I have tryed about all i know doe;s any one know where I can get one or have it repaired
Thanks Tom ps p/n 31-2481R

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

I moved this to the restoration section to see if any one can offer sdvice for a repair. If you want to see if any one has a spare, put a post on the wanted section.

Tom

Welcome.

Two requests:

1. Could you please use some punctuation, it is a bit hard to read one long sentence with no commas whatsoever.
2. What does "tuning cap hanging up" mean? Tuning cap is not a computer. We can make guesses as to what you mean, but it is better if you explain the symptoms.

Start from the beginning, what was done to the radio (like, was it re-capped etc), what it does when you do something to it (power up, sound, tuning, performance), etc.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Mike;
  I can only take a guess but it sounds like the tuning capacitor might be seized up, but I too will await clarification from the original poster to find out if that is what he meant. Short of severe corrosion or mechanical damage there isn't really a lot that can go wrong with a tuning cap, usually it's a matter of cleaning and new lubrication in the bearing points.
Regards
Arran