Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 95 Questions

I am about to start work on a model 95 that I bought last year at K-town.  There are a few 'dual-component' items in this chassis.  One of these is item #10 which is a .05 cap and a 250 ohm resistor.  These are not in Bakelite holders, but are in what appear to be cardboard tubes about 0.5" diameter and 1 or 1.5 inches long.  I've never worked with a set that was quite this old.

Can these be re-stuffed?  Are there any tricks to getting the original contents out without destroying the outer shell?  Also, these seem to fastened to the chassis with a tab and a screw.  Am I right in assuming that there is an electrical connection to this tab (and therefore to the chassis)?

Thanks,

Can you show a photo of one of these?
I am sure they can be treated just like tubular capacitors, heat it with a gun, pull the wire, pull the cartridge.
But would like to see the component first.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Here is a link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/104710683@...ed-public/

It is the black tube at left 'pointed to' by the pen.

Thanks,

Very easy to clean out with a heat gun. Just be careful not to burn the label. Noe the part number. Some are just caps and others are cap resistor combos .

Wires cut first!!! Heatgun on medium, then push out with a blunt object.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I cheated on my 87. I cut the ground wire off at the bracket (disconnecting the cap but leaving the resistor in the circuit). Then soldered a replacement from the terminal connection to the ground lug.

Terry

Thanks for the help guys!  I'll giver it a shot.