Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 46-420 code 121 AVC

I am reviving a Philco 46-420 and I have a question about the AVC circuit. In previous restorations I am accustomed to seeing an RC circuit filtering the audio signal off the top of the volume control pot. In this model schematic I find the “R” but not the “C”. Can you instruct me in how the AVC works in this model? Thanks for your help. RadioBob

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave
Sorry, can't answer your question but I'm sure one of the crowd here will chime in soon.

(04-14-2016, 09:41 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave
Sorry, can't answer your question but I'm sure one of the crowd here will chime in soon.

Oops!  Sorry.  I just found the "C".  It was not where I expected it.  It makes sense now.  This is a great forum; I hope to be able to contribute soon.  Thanks.  RadioBob

In this set, the AVC voltage is obtained from the diode detector through R11 and then filtered by C12. Its a bit unusual in that the voltage is not taken off the detector output to the volume control, but the DC voltage is the same at both points. They also use the other diode of the 7C6 directly across the AVC line, probably to develop contact potential negative voltage to set the no signal grid bias on the RF converter and IF tubes.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013597.pdf

Thank you, Mondial, for the AVC operation description. RadioBob