Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-116 speaker

hey guys
I have a 38-116 speaker.  cone has small tear other then that great
NO   voice coil on cone bad thought rewire it ?
has any one had luck trying to get paper cone off speaker frame
with out tearing it ?

thanks sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Some of the spkr cones are held down with sheet metal screws along the perimeter. If not you'll have to use a solvent like acetone or mek to remove the adhesive. Start small by wetting edge and work your way around slowly. So do you have the chassis and cabinet too??

Have you tried to measure the resistance of the vc as close the coil as you can eliminating the possibility of a bad connection or bad hb coil?

Terry

Ed Locker showed me how to use acetone to remove speaker cones in this manner several years ago. The trick is not to use too much acetone...just a little from a dropper is the preferred way to apply it...and be patient as it may take more than one application of acetone.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Terry
I tried testing bottom of cone where winding is but get nothing 
I see 1 coil wire on right but don't see a wire on left
Should have some continuity.  I Ohmed out green and white wires
Going to it. Has .05 ohms  
Did get cone screw out and disk up just have to remove cone 
I have to also look for cabinet 
Little miss happen a work with it 
Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Hey Sammy,
I know a old guy who is a real pita that has a spkr from a 37-116. It does have some paper damage but he thinks it's serviceable. Now a nice young clean cut guy like you could probably have it if this old fart can find it.

Terry

lol Icon_lol
I seen that old fart`s house he`ll never find it Icon_shh

not kirk

mafiamen2