Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1203 cartridge thumscrew size

Hello Phorum:
I have a Philco 46-1203. I plan on rebuilding the Shure Crystal cartridge model P90S. The thumbscrew is missing.
Does anybody have the thread size of the thumbscrew? The Ace hardware store didn't have any with the correct thread size.
Anybody know? Anybody have one?
Thanks, Buzz

You can get a tool at the hardware store, Sears etc that will measure threads. It looks like a little set of combs with teeth. If you had a set of tap and die's it would probably come with it, mine did. then you can find the right size teeth to fit the threads in the hole and it will show you the size threads. If no one knows what it is you should look for one of those measuring tools.

warren
don`t think tap and die set will go that small.   I`ll look at my set
ill look at record players I have (shh their kirks Icon_shh )
thought they were all the same

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

(05-06-2016, 10:20 AM)sam Wrote:  warren
don`t think tap and die set will go that small.   I`ll look at my set
ill look at record players I have (shh their kirks Icon_shh )
thought they were all the same

sam

Actually , they do have taps and dies that small. (That's how they made the one on the radio)... You can find real small taps, dies.. at hobby stores also.

Hello:
Someone from the Antique Radio Forum is going to send me the screw..It seems the Shure cartridge P90S
uses a set screw instead of a thumbscrew..When I get it I will find out what the tread size is...
Thanks , Buzz