Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 41-250 dual 370 pf cap

Well, I replaced the dual 370pf dual cap in the oscillator circuit with two individual 360pf caps and now the oscillator doesn't oscillate on the push button position of the band switch. On all other bands the cathode of the oscillator is grounded and the dual cap does not come into play. I measured to old cap and besides the 370pf between each of the sections and ground, there is a 170pf between the two 370pf cap sections. So, I added a cap between the the two individual replacement caps, and now I get a oscillator signal on the push button band. Has anyone else who has worked on this or similar models, and replaced the dual 370pf cap with separate units, had the same problem? Thanks.

Harv

Never had that problem. Replaced lots of 'em. Sure you have the caps connected correctly?

Kind regards,
Terry
http://home.comcast.net/~suptjud/
"Life is simpler when you plow around the stump."

They are in correctly, so I was surprised when it did not work. I thought that maybe Philco used the coupling between the two sections to provide coupling for the oscillator, since the cap is quite large for a 370pf unit.

Harv

Your question Terry led me to take a third look at how I replaced the cap, and sure enough I had an incorrect connection. Works OK now. I guess my eyes are not as good as they used to be. Appreciate your comments.

Harv