Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

46-1226 code 125 restoratioin *DONE

Whatever pin was connected to the field coil and the first cap, seems like the pin 8, is now connected to the R102 and then the other side of the R102 is connected to the first cap.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

i can't cypher what you said.

Now that I've changed "not" for "now", is it better?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hey jcassity - I thought I'd post this picture of the antenna coil in here since it pertains to your radio...I should have posted it here in the first place.

Here is how my documentation shows it

Rich

Rich,

I think you wanted it in the other thread.

No...jcassity asked about the disconnected wire on his antenna coil and I posted a picture of mine to help him out.  First I posted it in my thread, but since this is to help out jcassity I think the discussion belongs here.  Right?

Rich

I wondered why it is in two threads Icon_smile

(04-21-2017, 10:31 AM)morzh Wrote:  Now that I've changed "not" for "now", is it better?

ahh, now thats much better.

rich,
interesting,,, i was wrong,

THanks,

Scott

(04-16-2017, 09:13 PM)jcassity Wrote:  dang it,, now looking at my pics,, my skinny tall filter cap (C101) rework did,  i think my smaller 10uf cap is soldered wrong...

the + of the small cap needs swung over to the + lead of the 25uf... at least i caught it now.

gives me the opportunity to omit the rivits,, instead id rather have self tap mounting screws there as well for future access.

well now mr cassity, your a retard....
you noticed c101 was bass akwards on post 44 because of your sorry lame excuesses realizing you built it backwards.
wouldnt that stand to reason that you build C102 bass akwards as well? since they are opposite in how they are wired?

Why yes it would,,,,and you were right.  I did have both capacitors rebuilt backwards.

note to self.....
before i power this thing up check and tripple check everything or the past two months is for nothing if i release the magic smoke.

got my power xfrmer wired in.

migrating parts back into the chassis, getting closer and closer with each and every move.

upgraded my ground wiring from the filter caps (input power on primary & secondary filter caps) to chassis by a list 1 THHN/THWN #14 black shown to the middle right atop an existing rivited jumper chassis ground.

Attached Files Image(s)

so.........
for my audio output transformer i have a schematic issue.

I notice i have a blue, org, white wire on my secondary.

Question==
on my primary it appears i have a bare conductor soldered to the case.
The other wire was what i thought of as "BLACK". 
I discovered this black was actually a piece of plastic tubing over a solid conductor.
Do you all think this is my "GREEN" wire?
This black covered conductor does terminate the "green" called out in the schematic.
If yes, i will pull off the black insulation and slip on a green heat shrink tubing.

Comment / Question==
schematic tells me the resistance readings i need from blue to orange,  org to white, then on the primary my green to black.

secondary:
from blue to org i get 10k ohms
from org to white i get 149 ohms

primary:
From the soldered to case conductor to the black i get .6 ohms

does this appear to be a bad audio transformer?

Attached Files Image(s)

The blue half is open.

And...you mixed the primary and secondary.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/tr...output-8-w

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

(04-22-2017, 06:55 PM)morzh Wrote:  The blue half is open.

And...you mixed the primary and secondary.

LOL,,
took me a second,, yeah,, i see what you mean now.

im gonna take a crack at opening the transformer up to see if i can find the open.

they are'nt all that bad on cost though.
sure would like to have an OEM one

on the link to the new product , im not seeing the resistivity readings... perhaps in the data sheet is where that info is.